Whats better than a street fair? A street fair DEDICATED to cupcakes, of course!!!! You can only imagine the excite that came over me when my roommate uttered the question,”Do you wanna go to a CUPCAKE FESTIVAL this weekend?” As mentioned in my prior post, The Most Unlikely Place to Eat the Best Pizza, I attended the K 104 Cupcake Festival in Fishkill, NY, and it was a sweet adventure!
Background on the festival:
- This year, 2014, was the 3rd annual K104 Cupcake Festival.
- May 4th, from 1-5pm on Main St. in the Village of Fishkill
- Free Admission!! (But you have to pay each vendor for cupcakes and other baked goods)
- 17 cup cake vendors, 5 food&beverage, 26 goods&services, 5 fun for kid stands/vendors
- Cupcake Wars competition: 12 competitors compete for the award of Best Cupcake with an $1000 prize!
Spotlight on the Cupcakes:
- Vegan and Gluten-Free- Eat This Bakery– This cupcake bakery had some of the most exciting flavors, including a cinnamon toast crunch
and strawberry lemonade cupcake! With traditional, gluten-free, and vegan options!
- Amazing Decorations– ShopRite of Wappingers Fall: This may be a shock that among the many cupcake venders I saw at the festival, ShopRite had the MOST BEAUTIFULLY decorated cupcakes.
- Cupcake Bus- Forget Me Not Cupcakes: Not only did Forget Me Not Cupcakes win last year’s Cupcake Wars, but they are serving their award winning cupcakes out of a custom cupcake bus!!
- Most Festive- La Sweet Cakes: Being the fourth of May, with Cinco de Mayo just a day away, their Cinco de Mayo cupcake with tequila-lime cupcake stuffed with fresh raspberry jam was decorated as a festive drink, with a straw and all!
Not only did they have cupcake venders, but jewelry stores selling cupcake merchandise and a coffee brewer selling CUPCAKE FLAVORED COFFEE!
For more information on the festival, vendors, and competition visit K 104’s website!
If you are like me and can’t get enough of these food themed festivals, check out this website to find a festival in near you!