Veggie chips are all the rage recently! I cannot look on Pinterest’s Food&Drink section without seeing at least five different recipes for different kinds of veggie chips. From zucchini to sweet potato and even kale, it seems that EVERY vegetable is being chip-ified.
Wanting to jump on to the chip bandwagon and try one of these healthy alternative for the classic chip, I made my own creation: a spicy cajun spinach chip! Recipe as follows:
Cajun Spinach Chips
- Two cups of spinach
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of olive oil
- Cajun Seasoning (My favorite is Slap Ya Mama, get it here!)
- A pinch of salt
- A sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place two cups of spinach in a bowl and add 1/ 2 to 1 tsp of olive to slightly coat the leaves.
- Add Cajun seasoning, mixing thoroughly to coat each leave. Use as much as desired.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet wrapped with foil.
- Place leave in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on desired crispiness.
- After removed from the oven, let cool for a minute or so before removing them from the foil.
- Once removed enjoy as a tasty, spicy and crunchy snack.
- BE SURE NOT TO DRENCH THE LEAVES IN OLIVE OIL OR THEY WILL SHRIVEL UP.
- Make sure you remember to grease the foiled pan so the spinach leaves do not stick.
- I suggest using regular spinach leaves opposed to baby spinach leaves. I originally used baby spinach leaves and they crumbled easiler.
- I ALSO suggest that you try to use fresh spinach because they will yield a more chip like texture.
(Recipe based off this recipe)