Last week, the Hudson Valley was shown a glimpse of spring as the sun has been beamed down melting the remaining snow. The little perks, like walking around outside without my winter jacket, has left me in all my glory. Looking for a little refresher to get my taste buds to adjust to the coming of spring, I decided to take a crack at making two ingredient, guilt free Banana Peanut Butter “Ice Cream”. Recipe as follows:
Banana Peanut Butter “Ice Cream”
- 2 (very) ripe bananas
- 1-2 tbs of peanut Butter
- Slice ripened bananas into equivalent pieces, about an inch thick. Then place each flat onto a plate or baking sheet then place in the freezer of at least an hour.
- After you remove the banana’s from the freezer, place them into a blender (I used a magic bullet) with 1 tbs of the peanut butter and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture back into the freezer for around an hour, and enjoy guilt free!
- When first freezing the bananas, leave them in the freezer for about two hours. If you need to leave them in the freezer for a longer amount of time make sure you let them thaw out a little before blending them.
- I added a pinch of cocoa powder to the ice cream to add a different dimension of flavor. Next time, I plan on adding some cinnamon! Experiment with the recipe and make it your own!
- The next time I make this, I will add more peanut butter to mellow down the overwhelming banana flavor and mostly because I love peanut butter!
As a refreshing treat after a long run or if you are just craving a simple sweet snack, this ice cream is healthy, easy to make, an delicious!!