Pancakes are the perfect Sunday morning breakfast, a bright and fluffy start to the new week. Like many times my eye are far bigger than my stomach and I will eat WAY too many pancakes leaving me stuff for the remainder the day. So when I came across this recipe for three ingredient flourless pancakes that are only 65 calories each, I thought it was WAY to good to be true and of course I needed to try it out and be the judge.
The recipe requires three simple ingredients: 1 banana, 1 egg, and blue berries (or any other added ingredient of your choice).
HINTS & TIPS:
- This recipe is really simple! And it only took a matter of minutes from prepping to cooking!
- HINT: The riper the bananas are, the easier it is to mash and combine into the batter.
- These pancakes are a little difficult to cook, well flip actually, because they easily come a part easier. TIP: Try using a thinner spatula to flip each pancake. It will make it easier to flip the pancake without it falling apart.
- You can add almost anything to the batter making it your own. I chose to do chocolate chips and strawberries.
- TIP: Make the pancakes relatively small ( I used a 1/4 cup to measure out the batter). This allows the pancakes to cook evenly and makes flipping easier.
- I also added about 1 tbsp of cinnamon to the batter for more flavor.
Review of the Recipe: I’m glad I tried this recipe! At first I had my doubts that they were not going to taste anything like pancakes, but they really did taste like banana pancakes! HOWEVER, my first batch (which included strawberries) were almost impossible to flip because I made them a bit too large and combined with the extra liquid from the strawberries, they did not stay together correctly. Also, because the batter is only eggs and bananas, the ending pancake definitely had an eggy texture, which I didn’t mind. Altogether, these were a pretty delicious healthy alternative to normal pancakes. These are great for anyone with a gluten sensitivity or is just looking for a lighter pancake recipe.