Today, March 1st, marks the beginning of National Peanut Month, and how appropriate that today more specifically is National Peanut Butter Lover’s day!
I would categorize myself as more than a lover of Peanut Butter, but instead I would say that I’m infatuated with it. So much so that sometimes it’s concerning (aka when I finish a jar in two day, woops!). There is just something about peanut butter that get my taste buds going. It’s a bit sweet, a bit salty, and you can virtually put it on anything and it’s fantastic.
AND not only is peanut butter delicious, BUT it also had added nutritional benefits when eaten in moderation! This is because peanuts:
- Contain the most protein than any other nut
- Are a cholesterol- free food
- Provide your body with important antioxidants
- For other peanut facts CLICK HERE
Because of this (and how much I love it), I regularly include peanut butter in my after workout meals/snacks. Some of my favorites include: Apple/banana,rice cakes, and oatmeal all with peanut butter. I also like combining peanut butter in after workout shakes and smoothies! And of course, I definitely do not object to eating it by the spoonfuls.
Here are a few recipes to keep you in a peanut-y mood all month long (some healthier than others):
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Bacon Banana Peanut Granola Bars
- Peanut Sauce Noodles
- Chicken and Peanut Butter Lettuce Wraps
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles